We are proud to announce the first update of Breezer 2013. New version number is 2.0.6 and you can look at it as a maintenance release with many bugfixes and usability improvements.
Download the upgrade.
How to upgrade?
Just go to the download page download the zip file, and run "Setup.exe". The installer will check if any previous release is installed, if yes it will upgrade Breezer to latest version keeping your options and database.
Activation procedure changes
Due to piracy problems we enforce license checks. So it is possible that an error message like "The license data is corrupted" will show at first Breezer start. To solve the issue just send us an email asking for a "License reset code". We will generate and send you a license reset code which will clear the corrupted data, so you could continue to test Breezer for 20 days.
Licensed and activated copies are not affected by the issue above.
Our support staff received some reports of a generic "Task.Invoke (or Dispatcher.Invoke) method not found." error on installation. This is a problem of the .net framework detection routine inside the installer which not always detects (and upgrades) the .net framework version 4.0. While we work on a fix, you could solve the issue by yourself by manually installing the .net framework 4.5 from Microsoft web site and then re-run Breezer installer.
Changes and bugs fixed
Below you find the exact list of what we have done:
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] small performance improvement (now it caches the queries, if possible).
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] solved a recursion (aka infinite loop) problem.
- Search engine: Now folder-grouping option is not enabled by default. We found that was a mistake to leave this setting enabled by default, it creates confusion to new users.
- Workspace: Now Breezer detects USB drive plug-unplug and then a refresh of the folder view will be launched.
- Workspace: Root tags are loaded in background, this will prevent a freeze of Breezer UI at start.
- Workspace: Text clarity improved.
- Workspace: fixed the windows size (being too small) when Breezer restores from docked state.
- Workspace: Program version number now matches installer's one and the web site follow the same rule.
- Workspace: Merged the play/stop button.
- Workspace: Now the backup reminder will show only after 7 days from the installation and not immediately.
- Website: Release version and next planned update added in the download page.
- Options: Added a "Dump tag table to file" button, for support purposes in the tools tab. This command will show the raw tags table.
- Options: The window is now a little bigger and is re-sizable by the user.
- Options: Added a “database integrity check confirmation dialog”, just before a database backup.
- Tag properties: now the name is a required field.
- Activation: Better user experience, fixed some dialog boxes which appears with cryptic messages.
- Backup window: Small UI improvements. Now the progress message changes when an action or check starts.
- General: Some tips are now more clear and informative.
Next update is scheduled for late september. We will work on other usability improvements and bug fixes (especially toward the layered player).
We count to introduce an easy to use database switcher which will open new scenarios like having a database per customer, project, a test database or simply two databases: one for music and one for your sample library.
As usual remember to send us your feedbacks and bug reports!
Revel Software - Relations