We are proud to announce the first update of Breezer 2013. New version number is 2.0.6 and you can look at it as a maintenance release with many bugfixes and usability improvements.
Download the upgrade.
How to upgrade?
Just go to the download page download the zip file, and run "Setup.exe". The installer will check if any previous release is installed, if yes it will upgrade Breezer to latest version keeping your options and database.
Activation procedure changes
Due to piracy problems we enforce license checks. So it is possible that an error message like "The license data is corrupted" will show at first Breezer start. To solve the issue just send us an email asking for a "License reset code". We will generate and send you a license reset code which will clear the corrupted data, so you could continue to test Breezer for 20 days.
Licensed and activated copies are not affected by the issue above.
Our support staff received some reports of a generic "Task.Invoke (or Dispatcher.Invoke) method not found." error on installation. This is a problem of the .net framework detection routine inside the installer which not always detects (and upgrades) the .net framework version 4.0. While we work on a fix, you could solve the issue by yourself by manually installing the .net framework 4.5 from Microsoft web site and then re-run Breezer installer.
Changes and bugs fixed
Below you find the exact list of what we have done:
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] small performance improvement (now it caches the queries, if possible).
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] solved a recursion (aka infinite loop) problem.
- Search engine: Now folder-grouping option is not enabled by default. We found that was a mistake to leave this setting enabled by default, it creates confusion to new users.
- Workspace: Now Breezer detects USB drive plug-unplug and then a refresh of the folder view will be launched.
- Workspace: Root tags are loaded in background, this will prevent a freeze of Breezer UI at start.
- Workspace: Text clarity improved.
- Workspace: fixed the windows size (being too small) when Breezer restores from docked state.
- Workspace: Program version number now matches installer's one and the web site follow the same rule.
- Workspace: Merged the play/stop button.
- Workspace: Now the backup reminder will show only after 7 days from the installation and not immediately.
- Website: Release version and next planned update added in the download page.
- Options: Added a "Dump tag table to file" button, for support purposes in the tools tab. This command will show the raw tags table.
- Options: The window is now a little bigger and is re-sizable by the user.
- Options: Added a “database integrity check confirmation dialog”, just before a database backup.
- Tag properties: now the name is a required field.
- Activation: Better user experience, fixed some dialog boxes which appears with cryptic messages.
- Backup window: Small UI improvements. Now the progress message changes when an action or check starts.
- General: Some tips are now more clear and informative.
Next update is scheduled for late september. We will work on other usability improvements and bug fixes (especially toward the layered player).
We count to introduce an easy to use database switcher which will open new scenarios like having a database per customer, project, a test database or simply two databases: one for music and one for your sample library.
As usual remember to send us your feedbacks and bug reports!
Revel Software - Relations
We've just published a new update for Revel Breezer 2013 RC which shifts beta time bomb to 1st june 2014 and fixes some bugs.
You could download RC bits here.
Revel Software - Relations
Our last post was of December 2012, quite long time without news.
Today I'm glad to share some big news.
We work hard and we listen to our users, so in this release we've fixed what our users asked to fix. Here's the list:
- Improved the windows key handling. Now standard windows key shortcuts like win+D or win+pause works just fine with BringBack.
- Cursor key support, you could move up and down with keyboard arrow keys.
- Improved start-up time, now the start menu opens in 1-2 second after a cold boot.
- UI effects like blur and kinetic scrolling are disabled by default, if you want you could re-enable it via the options panel.
- Auto-updating engine and licensing engine are now part of BringBack, for the moment they are disabled.
- Many tweaks to the user interface to make it more functional.
- Better focus management, now just stop the mouse cursor over a panel (like most used programs or links), start typing, and voilà the incremental search will pop up.
- Windows colour accent support: which means that now BringBack colour theme will change as Windows theme change.
- This update will work until 1st June 2013.
- And more...
As usual remember to give your (precious) feedback via our form here. Also is worth to note that this will be the last beta release. Soon we release the final version with a tag price of 2.90€
Go and download the beta here!
Web site redesign
We're also busy with the HUGE update to the web site which will be redesigned with a fresh stile. Also we're moving to a new cms which will help us to update and publish new content faster than ever.
The new web site will be online on 1st march 2013.
Revel Breezer 2013 beta program
Our much appreciated sample library manager will enter into public beta on 1st march 2013, when the new web site will be online. We will publish a new post covering it in details.
Revel Software - Relations
Today we updated our website with a bounch of small improvements. The objective was improve your experience with it but the most noticeable update can be found on the official BringBack page where we added its first demo video.
But we didn't stop here.
Product activation engine update
We take the opportunity to improve our product activation experience. We redesigned the activation dialog box to be more modern, easy to use and clear also we added a new, important, feature.
Below you'll find a screenshot of it. The most important change here is that we now support trial period extension, which means that if you need more than 20 days to try our products, well, drop us an email and we will send you back a temporary unlock code, which will extend the trial period by another 20 days, for free.
How could you extend the trial period? Simply when the trial period finish a new button will appear called "Get more trial days" click it and paste the code we've sent to you in the dialog box which will appear, click ok and you're done. The trial period will return back to 20 days. We think that in some situations is more fair to give the opportunity to deeply test our products.
That feature will also help us with some support requests.
Revel reView and Breezer updates
We've also solved some minor issues with Breezer and reView. The updates are already online and available for download.
Those who have the automatic updates download will receive the update at first application run.
Suzy Rossi - Revel Software
Support and Relations