Today we release a new update the 2.1 (or number 10 since Breezer public availability), which is focused on a new useful feature: the preview history widget, that can be seen below.
Why a playback history?
Well, good question! As you can imagine it keeps track (by date and play count) of every sample you previewed. That because sometimes you could remember that one week ago, few days ago or even yesterday you hear an audio file which could be the right one, but now! So how to locate it? Browsing the entire audio library is not a solution, so we think about the problem and how to find a solution.
We found a solution, which is easy to use and understand: the preview history. It is basically a list which shows (in chronological order) the samples you played, and tells you how many times you played them.
Please remember that to limit the number of media stored, Breezer marks as previewed a media only if the total playback time is about 40% of the entire media.
The list can be grouped by date and supports full-text search, just type something in the search box and each occourence will be highlighted, instantly.
For each item in the list you can:
- Remove the entry.
- Start the playback.
- Locate the media on your system. Breezer take you to the folder which contains the sample.
The preview history widget is available only for Breezer 2013 Pro edition. Also remember that if you have any suggestion about Breezer and this new feature just drop us an email or use Breezer built-in feedback form!
This release fixed some bugs (most notably the spacepar play/stop keyboard shortcut which now works as expected) and improves some UI details.
So don't wait any more, go and download the new bits!
We take the opportunity to send our thanks to FileCluster which gived us a very positive review here. Thank you guys.
Next update will be available in April 2015.
Today I'm pleased to announce that our 2014 Christmas promotion is officially available.
From now till 20th January you can purchase any edition of Breezer with a 20% discount. Which means that you save:
- 11.00€ on Breezer Express (from 54.00€ you go to 43.50€)
- 17.50€ on Breezer Pro (from 89.00€ you go to 71.50€)
The promotion is applicable on any full license purchase.
Go to the purchase page, or try Breezer for free for 20 days.
[EDIT] 2015-02-05 Since the promotion was very successful we choose to extend its validity until February 28 2015! Don't miss the opportunity to get the best sample library manager for Windows at a very affordable price!
Breezer 2013 manual is finally here. It is a draft so we expect some errors, but we think that it could help our users to better understand Breezer inner workings and take the most out of it, even as a draft.
Go and download it directly from http://www.revel-software.it/get-breezer
The manual is available in italian and english.
Revel Software - Support and relations
We are proud to announce the first update of Breezer 2013. New version number is 2.0.6 and you can look at it as a maintenance release with many bugfixes and usability improvements.
Download the upgrade.
How to upgrade?
Just go to the download page download the zip file, and run "Setup.exe". The installer will check if any previous release is installed, if yes it will upgrade Breezer to latest version keeping your options and database.
Activation procedure changes
Due to piracy problems we enforce license checks. So it is possible that an error message like "The license data is corrupted" will show at first Breezer start. To solve the issue just send us an email asking for a "License reset code". We will generate and send you a license reset code which will clear the corrupted data, so you could continue to test Breezer for 20 days.
Licensed and activated copies are not affected by the issue above.
Our support staff received some reports of a generic "Task.Invoke (or Dispatcher.Invoke) method not found." error on installation. This is a problem of the .net framework detection routine inside the installer which not always detects (and upgrades) the .net framework version 4.0. While we work on a fix, you could solve the issue by yourself by manually installing the .net framework 4.5 from Microsoft web site and then re-run Breezer installer.
Changes and bugs fixed
Below you find the exact list of what we have done:
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] small performance improvement (now it caches the queries, if possible).
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] solved a recursion (aka infinite loop) problem.
- Search engine: Now folder-grouping option is not enabled by default. We found that was a mistake to leave this setting enabled by default, it creates confusion to new users.
- Workspace: Now Breezer detects USB drive plug-unplug and then a refresh of the folder view will be launched.
- Workspace: Root tags are loaded in background, this will prevent a freeze of Breezer UI at start.
- Workspace: Text clarity improved.
- Workspace: fixed the windows size (being too small) when Breezer restores from docked state.
- Workspace: Program version number now matches installer's one and the web site follow the same rule.
- Workspace: Merged the play/stop button.
- Workspace: Now the backup reminder will show only after 7 days from the installation and not immediately.
- Website: Release version and next planned update added in the download page.
- Options: Added a "Dump tag table to file" button, for support purposes in the tools tab. This command will show the raw tags table.
- Options: The window is now a little bigger and is re-sizable by the user.
- Options: Added a “database integrity check confirmation dialog”, just before a database backup.
- Tag properties: now the name is a required field.
- Activation: Better user experience, fixed some dialog boxes which appears with cryptic messages.
- Backup window: Small UI improvements. Now the progress message changes when an action or check starts.
- General: Some tips are now more clear and informative.
Next update is scheduled for late september. We will work on other usability improvements and bug fixes (especially toward the layered player).
We count to introduce an easy to use database switcher which will open new scenarios like having a database per customer, project, a test database or simply two databases: one for music and one for your sample library.
As usual remember to send us your feedbacks and bug reports!
Revel Software - Relations
We've just published a new update for Revel Breezer 2013 RC which shifts beta time bomb to 1st june 2014 and fixes some bugs.
You could download RC bits here.
Revel Software - Relations
Today we are proud to release another major update to Breezer 2013, the number eight to be precise.
This time we focus on what our users asked. Better usability and stability. The entire user interface gone under review first by us, and then our testers. From the feedback we received, we think the results are good.
Widgets and commands reorganization
We grouped and reorganized most of the commands, unified the file metadata panel and the waveform view, inside a tabbed panel placed below what matters: your library. The panel itself can be collapsed or resized as needed, maximizing the space available for your files.
Thanks to this reorganization, we could introduce a new workspace layout called “Files only”. As it name states in this mode the file list fills the workspace entirely. The file list has another new feature that in Breezer 2012 passed quite unnoticed, the file list incremental search. Start typing inside the small search box and Breezer will highlight matched files directly in the list, useful when your search returns hundreds of files or when digging into very big folders.
While working on the UI we also re-organized and increased the number of keyboard shortcuts available. See the attached document for a complete list of them. The most welcome will be surely the ALT+Number gesture, which make easier than ever to switch between favourites. For example, press ALT+3 keys, Breezer will switch immediately to favourite number three. It works with up to nine favourites, and remember that you could reorder or edit them under the program options.
What we fix
We work hard with our users and testers to solve some bugs introduced with the last RC release.
The bigger one are:
- Sometimes Breezer crashes with an "Infinite loop detected" error.
- Problems with REX files playback.
- Solved an ASIO sound driver detection bug (Breezer can't see ASIO devices).
- Pin folders to favourites, now you could add an arbitrary paths, like \\myserver\myshare. Breezer will pin that folder to favourites and will quickly available.
Also we do a little more fixing a couple of bugs. For a complete list of what we've done in this release read the release notes.
Next update will focus on stability and UI/workflow cleanness. Another thing we hope to integrate is our auto-update engine, very important to us, because we want make sure that you have always the latest bits.
Another interesting news is that contacts are underway with VST plugin makers to see if we could add to Breezer (after final release) an industry standard EBU 128/K-Meter plugin.
We take the opportunity to answer to some questions that we received in the last few weeks, because we think that the answers below could be of some interest for many of you.
Q: I'm organizing my library with Breezer 2013, with final version I could use the same database or it will change?
A: The database format will stay the same. That was a precise choice done when we released the first beta.
Q: When Breezer 2013 final will be released, it will be priced the same as Breezer 2012?
A: We do not know the pricing strategy for sure prices will stay in the "affordable" area (< 100€).
Q: If I purchase Breezer 2012 I can upgrade for free to Breezer 2013
A: No, we plan a discounted price for existing customers, but not a free upgrade.
Q: When Breezer 2013 final will be available?
A: In January 2014
You could download RC bits here.
Revel Software - Relations
Revel Breezer 2013 - Keyboard shortcuts.pdf (285.29 kb)