Today we release a new update the 2.1 (or number 10 since Breezer public availability), which is focused on a new useful feature: the preview history widget, that can be seen below.
Why a playback history?
Well, good question! As you can imagine it keeps track (by date and play count) of every sample you previewed. That because sometimes you could remember that one week ago, few days ago or even yesterday you hear an audio file which could be the right one, but now! So how to locate it? Browsing the entire audio library is not a solution, so we think about the problem and how to find a solution.
We found a solution, which is easy to use and understand: the preview history. It is basically a list which shows (in chronological order) the samples you played, and tells you how many times you played them.
Please remember that to limit the number of media stored, Breezer marks as previewed a media only if the total playback time is about 40% of the entire media.
The list can be grouped by date and supports full-text search, just type something in the search box and each occourence will be highlighted, instantly.
For each item in the list you can:
- Remove the entry.
- Start the playback.
- Locate the media on your system. Breezer take you to the folder which contains the sample.
The preview history widget is available only for Breezer 2013 Pro edition. Also remember that if you have any suggestion about Breezer and this new feature just drop us an email or use Breezer built-in feedback form!
This release fixed some bugs (most notably the spacepar play/stop keyboard shortcut which now works as expected) and improves some UI details.
So don't wait any more, go and download the new bits!
We take the opportunity to send our thanks to FileCluster which gived us a very positive review here. Thank you guys.
Next update will be available in April 2015.
We are proud to announce that Breezer 2013 Express is finally out!
When we first release Breezer to the public (was around June 2010) we realized that some users do not need the full range of commands and features that Breezer can offer, so we decided to release an "Express" edition, which is a simpler (and affordable) sample library manager that could help audio enthusiasts and home users to take the most out of their sample libraries.
Breezer Express 2013 lacks some features like folder pre-scan, multiple database support, filesystem operations, waveform annotations, loop export to DAW and more.
Two other notable features are somehow limited: Express edition workspace layout is locked to hybrid view and the maximum tag nesting depth is limited to three levels.
For a detailed list of the features, which are not available in Breezer Express, please check out this page.
Also take into account that some new features that we have on our radar (like preview history and file/folder rename) are accessible only to Professional users.
Pricing, avaibility and download
Express edition will be available for purchase tomorrow, 8th December, priced at 54.00 €
To get it all you have to do is go to our download page and download the universal installer which contains all the bits, 32/64 bits and Express/Pro bits. After the purchase the license file you'll receive will set Breezer with the appropriate license and feature-set.
Breezer Pro Update to 2.0.9
Since both Breezer Express and Professional share the same code base we take the opportunity to improve Breezer stability under some circumstances. Those fixes are available for Pro and Express users.
For a detailed list of the bugs fixed please read the full changelog here.
Revel Software - Support and relations
We are proud to announce the first update of Breezer 2013. New version number is 2.0.6 and you can look at it as a maintenance release with many bugfixes and usability improvements.
Download the upgrade.
How to upgrade?
Just go to the download page download the zip file, and run "Setup.exe". The installer will check if any previous release is installed, if yes it will upgrade Breezer to latest version keeping your options and database.
Activation procedure changes
Due to piracy problems we enforce license checks. So it is possible that an error message like "The license data is corrupted" will show at first Breezer start. To solve the issue just send us an email asking for a "License reset code". We will generate and send you a license reset code which will clear the corrupted data, so you could continue to test Breezer for 20 days.
Licensed and activated copies are not affected by the issue above.
Our support staff received some reports of a generic "Task.Invoke (or Dispatcher.Invoke) method not found." error on installation. This is a problem of the .net framework detection routine inside the installer which not always detects (and upgrades) the .net framework version 4.0. While we work on a fix, you could solve the issue by yourself by manually installing the .net framework 4.5 from Microsoft web site and then re-run Breezer installer.
Changes and bugs fixed
Below you find the exact list of what we have done:
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] small performance improvement (now it caches the queries, if possible).
- Tags: Query engine [Ignito] solved a recursion (aka infinite loop) problem.
- Search engine: Now folder-grouping option is not enabled by default. We found that was a mistake to leave this setting enabled by default, it creates confusion to new users.
- Workspace: Now Breezer detects USB drive plug-unplug and then a refresh of the folder view will be launched.
- Workspace: Root tags are loaded in background, this will prevent a freeze of Breezer UI at start.
- Workspace: Text clarity improved.
- Workspace: fixed the windows size (being too small) when Breezer restores from docked state.
- Workspace: Program version number now matches installer's one and the web site follow the same rule.
- Workspace: Merged the play/stop button.
- Workspace: Now the backup reminder will show only after 7 days from the installation and not immediately.
- Website: Release version and next planned update added in the download page.
- Options: Added a "Dump tag table to file" button, for support purposes in the tools tab. This command will show the raw tags table.
- Options: The window is now a little bigger and is re-sizable by the user.
- Options: Added a “database integrity check confirmation dialog”, just before a database backup.
- Tag properties: now the name is a required field.
- Activation: Better user experience, fixed some dialog boxes which appears with cryptic messages.
- Backup window: Small UI improvements. Now the progress message changes when an action or check starts.
- General: Some tips are now more clear and informative.
Next update is scheduled for late september. We will work on other usability improvements and bug fixes (especially toward the layered player).
We count to introduce an easy to use database switcher which will open new scenarios like having a database per customer, project, a test database or simply two databases: one for music and one for your sample library.
As usual remember to send us your feedbacks and bug reports!
Revel Software - Relations
We've just published a new update for Revel Breezer 2013 RC which shifts beta time bomb to 1st june 2014 and fixes some bugs.
You could download RC bits here.
Revel Software - Relations
Some users reported many problems while dealing with the layered player. Unfortunately we can confirm that a tool which we use to protect our IP (intellectual property) break the communication between Breezer and the Layered Player.
This morning we've published a small update which fixes those errors.
Also we do a little more fixing a couple of bugs. For a complete list of what we've done in this QFE release go here.
You could download RC bits here.
Revel Software - Relations
It is time for another Breezer 2013 update. This time we focus on the search features. Surely we fixed many bugs and improved the performance but now you could do a partial word search which means that you could search your samples not only by one single word (or part of it), now you breezer will search for every partial word you enter.
For example, querying for "amb guit D" will match files called "Guitar Ambient D.wav" as well as "Ambient Guit. D-78.wav" you could also choose to search for every word you enter or just one.
Just click on the gear icon near the search box to open the search menu, it needs some polishing work in the future, but it does its job.
Another area where we work was the installer, it now compile Breezer executables to your cpu, which means that if you have an advanced processor you could take advantage of its features. That move will also improve application startup times.
Here is the complete list of what we've done since update 3.
- Added support for configurable searches.
- Exact: the file will be shown only if matches exactly.
- Any word: Match if just one word is present in the file name.
- All words: Matches only if all folders are present in the file name.
- Improved audio driver soft-reset error handling.
- Many small UI refinements.
- Many small performance improvements and code clean-up/optimization.
- Solved a bug with the widgets windows. Now their behaviour is more predictable.
- Better start-up times of the application, now the installer generates native images (aka optimized) on install.
- Better search feedback (in application's status bar).
- Activation code improved and tweaked.
- Search engine improvements (in both speed and extensibility).
- Window docking code now works as expected.
- Fixed many bugs with the search bar auto suggestion list.
- Now is possible to do a case sensitive/insensitive search.
- Solved a bug revealed after the activation of custom looping functionalities.
Download the update here. Remember that you will need to uninstall previous version, don't worry for your database, it will be preserved while upgrading.